Friday, October 19, 2007

The Boss

This morning when I woke up, I had an epic Bruce Springsteen sing along with my friend Ryan. Just another reminder of why I love The Boss with a passion. Even more appropriate, I was wearing the t-shirt with a picture of Tony Danza and Bruce Springsteen that ponders the question...Who indeed is, "The Boss?" I digress. We chilled and sang Atlantic City to our little hearts' contents. Got stuck on the beginning of the second verse but no matter. The point is, singing at 10 am made me realize that I must acquire a copy of Nebraska on vinyl. A lot of Springsteen fans don't appreciate Nebraska because it's not a rocker like Born to Run. In my opinion, anything with a song as amazing as Atlantic City on it is worth my time and money. I also take issue with the pack of haterz who don't like The Boss. Some people actually consider it farcical to like Bruce Springsteen. I don't really get that. He's consistently ranked as one of the top living songwriters. Don't write him off because he keeps it real and rocks a little more than Bob or Neil. I love both of them too but they just don't speak to the American heart like Bruce does. Also, if you are a boss fan, you should probably check out his first lp, Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ. I say LP because it's a must have on vinyl. If you didn't know, the original version of "Blinded by the Light" is on it and here's the kicker...it actually sounds like DEUCE in this version. My favorite song on that album is Mary Queen of Arkansas, however. One of Bruce's many "Mary" songs, it is so desperately beautiful that I just want to listen to it all the time while sitting around a campfire. All this boss talk has made me hungry for some Bruce. I'll be back on Saturday with the vinyl copies of my Springsteen albums. Until then, take it sleazy.

No comments: